Wednesday 24 February 2016

Super Sentences!

Over the last few weeks we have been focusing on writing great character descriptions. One of the activities included watching a short movie called 'Blackface' about a hunter on safari who is in search of the immortal golden monkey. He is a pretty nasty character!
After watching the clip we brainstormed ideas as a class about what the hunter was like on the 'inside' (personality & behaviour) and on the 'outside' (appearance). From this list we then developed our character descriptions.

Every week Mrs Jackson will select 'Super Sentence' from our writing. Here are the 'Super Sentences' from this week...

The hunters black rings around his eyes reminded me of a curious raccoon but with a pointed long nose. - Tessa He gave me an evil glance - I could tell he would take way too many. - Isaac His cheek bones are high and his lips are thin and brown. - Josie He has very dark black rings around his eyes that remind me about the sky at night. His large safari hat shades his face so much it seems to be black. - Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I like all of the sentences I can't chose. It must have been hard for you Mrs Jackson to chose the wonderful sentences.

    Laura Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do as well there really good .

    ReplyDelete