Tuesday 30 January 2018

Extend a Bridge Challenge

I always like to start the year with a good team challenge! Working in the table groups, students had to construct a bridge like structure using only the materials provided. There were rules that went along with the challenge - the construction had to be freestanding and not attached to anything. The aim was to create the longest structure that could hold a marble on the end of it.





This task proved to be a real challenge but I was super impressed with how everyone persevered and kept on problem solving! We shared our prototype and ideas at the end of the session and brainstormed what we could use to modify and improve them. This is a task that we need to revisit! Watch this space...

6 comments:

  1. That looks good, even though our one didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge was very hard and fun at the same time.my group and me was able to get it out a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucas/shooting was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kurt/archry tag was really fun I was the Last one Left

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte Crampton23 February 2018 at 16:05

    I enjoyed making the bridge with my group

    ReplyDelete
  6. the challenge was hard but really fun

    ReplyDelete