Tuesday 12 April 2016

ANZAC Writing Super Sentences

Over the last two weeks as part of our ANZAC inquiry topic we have been exploring letters during the war. We read a book called 'Jim's Letters' by Glyn Harper. This story is a collection of letters from Thomas and his brother Jim who is away at war. We created a list of what we might write about if we 'at war' or 'at home'. We decided to focus on writing letters from the front lines to loved ones at home. 

Here are the super sentences this week. These sentences were chosen because they had great imagery and 'painted a vivid picture'.

I have lost a few friends while they've been serving their country and I am greatly grieved by this but have to keep going. - Josie

The muddy hand dug trenches are so mushy its hard to move around. - Poppy-Jade

Most of my friends have died but don't worry too much, I will still be your cheerful, whole bodied son when I come back. - Tessa

Me and my mates had a weird feeling when we were walking along, then out the enemy came from the bushes onto us. We retreated because they had more men. - Mac

I looked and there was a tall man running after me in the distance. I had to run and leave my friend behind. It was the hardest decision of my life. - Mya

No comments:

Post a Comment